A Space is the Place

Space is the Place 

Hi, my name is Paddy and I am starting this blog as a place for me to share my thoughts, ideas, art and projects.


2020 proved to be a incredibly difficult year for us all. I was incredibly lucky to have not been directly impacted by the covid 19 virus and thankfully all of my loved ones have so far been unaffected unlike many people.

I like many found myself drifting in and out of creative periods during the lockdown period. I went through times of intense productivity through long periods of creative drought where I have felt unable to create anything of any value.

These creatively barren periods whilst in them, have felt like an age.

Fortunately these periods have not been the dominant feature of my 2020 experience and I have produced a large number of new works from: photography and film to painting and illustration to poetry and writing.

2021 has so far been filled with exciting prospects of new projects on the horizon and the opportunity to work and collaborate with other artists.

In September 2021 I will be exhibiting my first public work in collaboration with artist Angelo Madonna.

'Space is the Place' is a cerebral and exhibition project taking place at Convenience Gallery at BLOOM Building in Birkenhead, Wirral. The exhibition will explore the psychogeography of Wirral's iconic Hilbre Island encouraging the viewer to engage with the islands landscape through film, installation, spoken word, live performance, photography and painting.

So far the experience of working on this project has taken me on a unbelieveable personal journey with many paths and branches of thought to explore. 

I will use this blog as a place to share this experience with you, to document the experiences that come to me on this journey and to encourage and help you to engage deeper in the environments that you are drawn to and have meaning.

I hope you'll come along for the r
ide.

Paddy


Comments

Popular Posts